A lot of organizations would like to have a training program or at least a collection of training resources. Sometimes that means being open to new technology, even if it means that the information lives in “The Cloud.” Here is a list of great free resources that can be used to create free or low cost training:
- If you ever wanted to demonstrate how to use specific software, or a website, Screencast-O-Matic is a great tool. Film a video of your computer screen–even add narration; download it, then upload it to Youtube, or another service.
- You want to use Web-ex for the Cisco name, but it’s too expensive. You can use Anymeeting for conferencing.
- You would love to use a Learning Management System to create designated coursework, but once again, it’s too expensive. Check out Moodle instead.
- Animation and gaming is hot, but it can also be really expensive. Go Animate is great for simple animations, or Xtranormal is more in depth, but can be used to make animated movies. Although it’s not my thing, you can also use Sploder to create free basic games.
- Last but not least, online quizes are a great way to learn as well. One of my favorite resources is ProProfs. You can even insert video content as one of the questions.